Welcome Back to Pregame Skate
We're back with a new look and feel for the upcoming season.
Good morning subscribers, Editor-in-Chief Parker Milner here. We hope you had a relaxing and travel-filled summer. If you're like us, you probably started looking ahead to the upcoming hockey season the minute you went back to work after the Labor Day holiday. Prior to that, we were working behind the scenes to make sure we deliver a daily news briefing that will help you stay in engaged in the NHL and other hockey leagues around the world.
Here is what you can expect from Pregame Skate moving forward:
• Pregame Skate will land in your inbox at 10 a.m. Monday through Friday.
• We'll share scores from the previous night and the betting lines for games that evening.
• You'll get the NHL news that matters in a digestible format, along with what you need to know from the NCAA, AHL, ECHL and International leagues.
• We'll tell you what's trending on social media.
Hockey news comes from all corners of the internet. Pregame Skate is here to help you find those stories and get caught up before moving on with your day.
Here is a sample of what Pregame Skate will look like when it hits your inbox on Monday...
Robertson signs four-year, $31 million contract with Stars, Barzal agrees to eight-year contract with Islanders, OTT Goalie Cam Talbot expected to be out until at least Nov 8 with rib injury, evaluating PTOs and players on the bubble, most intriguing star-studded debuts, can’t-miss games of 2022-23 NHL season, and a handful of college previews. Here are all the links you need before you get to the rink.
Upcoming Games & Odds
- Oct. 6: NHL Preseason Roundup
- Most intriguing star-studded debuts, can’t-miss games of 2022-23 NHL season
- Lapsed fan's guide to the NHL season: Trades, signings, more
- Robertson signs four-year, $31 million contract with Stars
- New York Islanders, Mathew Barzal have 8-year, $73.2M deal
- Ottawa Senators goaltender Cam Talbot will miss 5-7 weeks with upper-body injury
- Predators, Sharks going Global to start regular season in Prague
- NHL coaching hot seat: Who's under the most pressure entering 2022-23?
- Inside the NHL's secret arms race for competitive advantage
- 2022-23 NHL season could be filled with milestones
- Can the Red Wings, Sabres or Senators make the NHL playoffs?
- Scout's Analysis: Evaluating PTOs and players on the bubble
- NHL PTO tracker 2022-23: Eric Staal, Sonny Milano among players signed to professional tryouts
- Virtanen released from PTO with Oilers, and Flames release Milano, Eakin from PTOs
- How Cale Makar, Adam Fox and other fast, young defensemen are changing the NHL
- Zegras, others may make trick shots, creative goals regular part of NHL
- Kraken GM thinks Wright will play whole season in Seattle
- ARI Clayton Keller C Leg Day-to-Day
- BOS Taylor Hall LW Upper Body Day-to-Day
- CHI Jujhar Khaira LW Ankle Day-to-Day
- CHI Caleb Jones D Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- CHI Connor Murphy D Back Day-to-Day
- CLB Erik Gudbranson D Lower Body Day-to-Day
- COL Jacob MacDonald D Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- COL J.T. Compher LW Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- EDM Kailer Yamamoto RW Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- LA Quinton Byfield C Illness Day-to-Day
- LA Viktor Arvidsson RW Back Day-to-Day
- MON Joel Edmundson D Lower Body IR Expected to be out until at least Oct 12
- MON Joel Armia RW Upper Body Expected to be out until at least Oct 14
- MON Paul Byron C Hip IR. Expected to be out until at least Nov 1
- NJ Tyce Thompson RW Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- NJ Jonathan Bernier G Hip IR. Expected to be out until at least Oct 13
- NYI Cal Clutterbuck RW Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- NYI Oliver Wahlstrom RW Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- NYI Scott Mayfield D Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- NYR Jacob Trouba D Upper Body Day-to-Day
- STL Anthony Angello RW Concussion Day-to-Day
- STL Logan Brown C Upper Body Day-to-Day
- STL Vladimir Tarasenko RW Illness Day-to-Day
- STL Ivan Barbashev LW Lower Body Day-to-Day
- STL Jordan Kyrou C Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- TB Mikhail Sergachev D Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- VAN Tyler Myers D Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- VAN Travis Dermott D Undisclosed Day-to-Day
- WAS Dmitry Orlov D Lower Body Day-to-Day
Source: CBS Sports as of 5:49 AM ET, Oct. 7, 2022
- Merrimack men’s hockey assistant coach, former New Hampshire captain Ciocco passes away at 38
- Atlantic Hockey 2022-23 Season Preview: Complacency not an issue for any teams as conference finds itself focused on new season
- Hockey East 2022-23 Season Preview: Rivalry reignited with new faces behind the bench at Boston College, Boston University
- Big Ten Hockey 2022-23 Season Preview: With expectations heightened, all teams have renewed confidence to make Frozen Four run
- CCHA Hockey 2022-23 Season Preview: After successful return in 2021-22, conference teams ready to take next step
- NCHC Hockey 2022-23 Season Preview: Denver the early favorite as Pioneers look to repeat as national champions
- ECAC Hockey 2022-23 Season Preview: Parity abounds with teams rebuilding, refocusing efforts after pandemic years
- 5 women’s college hockey storylines to watch in the 2022-23 season
Signings and Trades
- MTL Logan Mailloux, $2.775 M, 3 yrs, $925,000, Entry-Level Deal (Details)
- Hockey Canada's board chairs questioned about its handling of sexual assault allegations, payouts in lawsuits
- Recipe, Esso and Canadian Tire latest sponsors to cut ties with Hockey Canada
- Trudeau wants 'wholesale change' as Hockey Canada loses more sponsors
- Could Shayne Gostisbehere Be Moved Before Jakob Chychrun?
- NHL to debut digitally enhanced dasherboards; virtual ads to replace traditional signage on arena rink boards
- 2022-23 Stanley Cup odds: Best bets to win it all
- NHL DFS player picks, projections
- theScore's 2022-23 Fantasy Hockey Draft Kit
Trending on Social
My oh Meier, FIVE DAYS UNTIL OPENING NIGHT 🔥
But first, the @PredsNHL and @SanJoseSharks square off in Prague to kick off the regular season on October 7th and 8th! #NHLGlobalSeries
— NHL (@NHL)
Oct 6, 2022
This will be the best thing you see all day.
Cody Glass’ reaction to making the Preds roster 🥲
— Nathan “Grav" (@NathanGraviteh)
Oct 4, 2022
Welp, it appears Connor McDavid (@cmcdavid97) is ready. 😳
— NHL (@NHL)
Oct 6, 2022
Gerard Gallant wanted a sniff of the smelling salts 🤣
— Rangers Videos (@SNYRangers)
Oct 6, 2022
We are so happy today to share this good news update from #mnwild prospect Pavel Novak. 👊
— Minnesota Wild (@mnwild)
Oct 5, 2022
— LA Kings (@LAKings)
Oct 7, 2022
our favorite duo is back.
— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders)
Oct 7, 2022